Liberty, MO Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Dedicated Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Serving Liberty, Missouri
Motorcycles are more prone to accidents and less likely to provide protection to the rider compared to ordinary cars. Injuries sustained from motorcycle accidents can be devastating and can cause permanent changes to the victim’s life. If you are a victim of a motorcycle accident, seeking legal help can ensure that you get the necessary medical treatment and care from our Liberty, MO motorcycle accident attorney. The Liberty legal team at Taylor Siemens Elliott Creedy & Lyle P.C. has extensive trial experience, including many motorcycle accident cases. They have the knowledge and expertise to investigate the causes of the accident, identify the parties responsible, and seek compensation for damages.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Motorcycle accidents can result in a variety of injuries, ranging from minor to severe and potentially life-threatening. Some common motorcycle accident injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) – head injuries from the impact of the accident or from the rider’s head hitting the ground or other objects. TBIs can range from mild concussions to severe brain damage.
- Spinal cord injuries (SCI) – damage to the spinal cord can cause paralysis or loss of sensation below the site of the injury.
- Road rash – skin abrasions caused by the rider’s body sliding along the road surface. Road rash injuries can range from mild scrapes to deep wounds that require skin grafting.
- Fractures and broken bones – any bone in the body can be broken or fractured during a motorcycle accident. Common fractures include broken arms, legs, and ribs.
- Internal injuries – damage to internal organs such as the liver, spleen, or kidneys can occur if the rider’s body is impacted during the accident.
- Soft tissue injuries – sprains, strains, and bruises can result from the impact of the accident or from the rider’s body being forcefully thrown.
- Emotional trauma – the experience of a traumatic event such as a motorcycle accident can result in emotional distress, including anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
It is important to seek immediate medical attention after a motorcycle accident, even if injuries do not appear to be severe. Some injuries may not be immediately apparent, and prompt medical treatment can help prevent complications and ensure a full recovery. Additionally, keeping a record of your injuries can assist us in getting compensation for your case.
Liberty, MO Motorcycle Accident Facts
There are various aspects of motorcycle riding that increase the likelihood of an accident, such as the small size of the motorcycle which makes it harder for other motorists to see, and the two wheels that offer less stability. Injuries sustained in motorcycle accidents are usually more severe due to the lack of protective structures, safety devices, and the rider’s contact with the ground. The importance of proper attire and a helmet while riding can help greatly reduce the injuries sustained in an accident.
Single-vehicle accidents account for a significant portion of all motorcycle accidents and can be caused by rider error or conditions that another party is responsible for. Multiple-vehicle accidents may also result from the same causes as single-vehicle accidents, but one of every three multiple-vehicle accidents involving motorcycles is caused by an automobile turning into the path of the motorcycle.
Contact Our Attorneys Today
Motorcycle accidents can be complex, and seeking seasoned advice and counsel is crucial. At Taylor Siemens Elliott Creedy & Lyle P.C., we prepare each case with meticulous attention to detail and have shown the value of using focus groups to gain valuable insights into the most critical aspects of the case. We are ready to represent you in court and seek the compensation you deserve. Contact our Liberty, MO motorcycle accident attorney today to schedule a case consultation.